|Praises, no criticism|
|Some praise, no criticism|
|Praises, some criticism|
|Criticism, some praise|
Note: Ratings are based on company record, including parent companies.
They are not a comment on the product itself.
|Outstanding Product Feature|
|Animal Ingredients Alert|
|The Guide > Office Supplies > Paper, Pads & Envelopes > Printer Paper|
Choosing recycled paper products reduces the demand for virgin pulp, uses less water and energy, and creates a market for paper collected through recycling programs. Each ton of post-consumer-waste recycled paper saves 17 trees, 4,100kwh of energy and a whopping 26,000 litres of water. Presently there isn't a 100% post-consumer-waste recycled content white copy paper that is manufactured in Australia, so it's a trade off between paper imported from Europe, or buying a locally made product with a lower recycled content. Avoid imported, non-labelled, paper products. These are often from Asia and connected with illegal logging.
- Look for products with: a high percentage of post- consumer-waste recycled content; a high percentage of fibre sourced from sustainably managed plantations (i.e. FSC ' Forest Stewardship Council ' certification); and/or alternative fibres such as hemp, kenaf and bagasse.
- See the Wilderness Society's guide to ethical paper. [link]
We all do our bit to save water. Shorter showers, half-flush toilets, using a bucket to wash the car. Yet logging wastes up to 1,000 litres every second, reduces water flow into our dams by 50% and causes erosion and pollution that affects water quality. Many of our ancient forests in Tasmania, Victoria and New South Wales are presently being logged ' clear felled, burnt, and turned into millions of tonnes of woodchips for paper and cardboard every year.
- So say 'no' to Reflex and other Australian Paper products (including Post Office brand), which use Australian native forest fibre and are chlorine bleached. [Ethical Paper Campaign]
- Choose copy paper with recycled content [Wilderness Society]
- Find out about logging of Victoria's water catchments and tell the government to stop logging these areas. [Melbourne Catchments]
- Find out more about protecting our forests [www.wilderness.org.au/forests]
|Ecocern 100% recycled post-consumer waste paper (from Australia - brown)||Ecocern||2|
|Fuji Xerox||Fuji Xerox Australia (FUJIFILM)||JPN||2|
|J Burrows Manufactured carbon neutral, some products 100% recycled post-consumer waste||Fuji Xerox Australia (FUJIFILM)||JPN||2|
|Recycled Supreme 100% recycled post-consumer waste paper (from Europe)||Fuji Xerox Australia (FUJIFILM)||JPN||2|
|Nautilus 100% recycled post-consumer waste paper (from Europe)||Mondi||UK||2|
|Cyclus 100% recycled, approximately 75% post and 25% pre-consumer waste||Dalum Papir||DNK||3|
|Double A||Double A
Distributor: CPI Group
|Evolve 100% recycled post-consumer waste paper (from Europe)||M-real (Metsaliitto Cooperative)||FIN||3|
|Vision Pure White 100% recycled post-consumer waste paper (from Europe)||Steinbeis||GER||3|
|Australian||Australian Paper (Nippon Paper)||JPN||4|
|Envi Recycled 50% recycled offset paper; certified carbon neutral under the Australian Government's National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS)||Australian Paper (Nippon Paper)||JPN||4|
|Green Wrap||Australian Paper (Nippon Paper)
Brand Owner: Fuji Xerox Australia
|Olympic||Australian Paper (Nippon Paper)||JPN||4|
|Optix||Australian Paper (Nippon Paper)||JPN||4|
|Reflex||Australian Paper (Nippon Paper)||JPN||4|
|Reflex White 100% Recycled Made from post-consumer recycled waste paper; FSC recycled certified; Made in Australia at Maryvale Mill, Victoria||Australian Paper (Nippon Paper)||JPN||4|
|Tablex||Australian Paper (Nippon Paper)||JPN||4|
|Paper One||APRIL (RGE)
Distributor: CPI Group