Fresh produce and trading
Chiquita Brands South Pacific Ltd is 90% Australian owned. The remaining 10% is owned by Chiquita Brands International, Inc. Subsidiaries include: Blueberry Farms of Australia, Chiquita Mushrooms, Chiquita Bananas and Kangara Food.
|Chiquita Brands South Pacific Ltd||AUS||website|
| Chiquita Brands International, Inc.
owns 10% of Chiquita Brands South Pacific Ltd
|Chiquita Brands South Pacific Ltd|
In 2017 the Rainforest Alliance presented this company a Corporate Sustainability Champions award, which recognizes companies who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to sustainability, improving livelihoods, and conserving forests all around the world.
[Source 2017][More on Eco-Certification]
This company sells Rainforest Alliance certified bananas. However this only represents a fraction of this company's total banana sales. Rainforest Alliance certification has been dubbed 'Fairtrade light' by critics, as it offers producers no minimum price for their crop, and guarantees a minimum of just 30% of the product is certified.
[Source 2020][More on Eco-Certification]
|Company Structure||Listed Public Company|
|Address||Level 2, 768 Lorimer St, Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207, Australia|
|Phone||03 8645 1600|
|Fax||03 8645 1674|