Natura & Co
Personal care products
Cosmetics group comprising Natura Cosmetico, The Body Shop, Aesop and Avon. Natura acquired 65% of Aesop in 2013 and the remaining 35% in 2016. Bought The Body Shop from L'Oreal in 2017, and acquired Avon in 2019.
|Natura & Co SA||BRA||website|
|Natura & Co SA|
Certified B Corporations use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. B Corps meet comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance standards; meet higher legal accountability standards; and build business constituency for good business.
Source: B Corporation (2021)
The 2021 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World list is an extensive data-driven corporate sustainability assessment. The ranked companies are leaders in the field of a sustainable business approach. The efficiency of a company's energy, water, CO2 and waste management is measured in relation to its total sales volume. The disclosure of that information is a pre-condition for the assessment. Of the 33 companies in its peer group, this company ranked #1.
Source: Corporate Knights (2021)
This company received an S&P Global ESG Score of 75/100 in the Personal Products category of the S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment, an annual evaluation of companies' sustainability practices (last updated 7 Feb 2021). The rankings are based on an analysis of corporate economic, environmental and social performance, assessing issues such as corporate governance, risk management, environmental reporting, climate strategy, human rights and labour practices.
Source: S&P Global (2021)
The Forest 500 identifies, ranks, and tracks the governments, companies and financial institutions worldwide that together could virtually eradicate tropical deforestation. Rankings are based on their public policies and commitments and potential impacts on tropical forests in the context of forest risk commodities (palm oil, soy, beef, leather, timber and paper). This company received a score of 25%.
Source: Forest 500 (2020)
As listed on the We Mean Business website, this company has committed to the following climate action initiatives: adopt a science-based emissions reduction target; put a price on carbon; responsible corporate engagement in climate policy; report climate change information in mainstream reports as a fiduciary duty.
Source: We Mean Business (2021)
|Employees||18,000 in 2018|
|Subsidiaries||Avon Products Inc
- Avon Products Pty Ltd
Aesop Retail Pty Ltd
The Body Shop International Ltd
- The Body Shop Australia Pty Ltd
Natura Cosmeticos SA
|Address||Cajamar, Sao Paulo, Brazil|
Products / BrandsAvon Australia
Aesop Skin Care
The Body Shop