Convenience food manufacturer
Founded by William Symington in 1827. Underwent a management buyout in 2012, with Intermediate Capital Group holding 49.9% and the existing management team holding the remaining 50.1%. Holds the licence for Unilever's wet sauces portfolio - spanning the Chicken Tonight, Raguletto and Five Brothers brands - in Australia and New Zealand.
The PalmOil Scan app, produced by the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA), rates companies on their commitment to sourcing sustainable palm oil. Companies are scored on their use of certified sustainable palm oil (CSPO), commitment to sourcing CSPO, on-the-ground conservation action, and membership to the RSPO. Companies can earn a rating of Excellent, Good, Poor or No Commitment. This company is rated "Excellent" (retrieved 18 Nov 2023).
Source: WAZA (2023)
This company has products which carry the Vegetarian Society Seeding Symbol, the only legally registered trademark for vegetarian accreditation.
Source: VegSoc (2019)
This company is a member of the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (Sedex), a not-for-profit, membership organisation that leads work with buyers and suppliers to deliver improvements in responsible and ethical business practices in global supply chains. Tens of thousands of companies use Sedex to manage their performance around labour rights, health & safety, the environment and business ethics.
Source: Sedex (2018)
|Subsidiaries||Symington's Australia Pty Ltd|
|Address||Leeds, United Kingdom|