Founded in 1975 by husband and wife team Peter and Yvonne Halas. L Catterton Asia acquired a 70% stake in 2014 and the remaining 30% in 2018, but in 2020 the company went into administration.
|Seafolly Pty Ltd||AUS||website|
| L Catterton Asia
owns 100% of Seafolly Pty Ltd
| L Catterton Management Ltd
owns 100% of L Catterton Asia
| » LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA
owns 40% of L Catterton Management Ltd
|Seafolly Pty Ltd|
The Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) is an alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs. They work in partnership to improve the lives of workers across the globe who make or grow consumer goods - everything from tea to T-shirts, from flowers to footballs. This company is a full member.
Source: Ethical Trading Initiative (2021)
This company received a packaging performance level of 4 (Leading) in its 2023 APCO Annual Report. Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) is a not-for-profit organisation leading the development of a circular economy for packaging in Australia. Each year, APCO Members are required to submit an APCO Annual Report and Action Plan, which includes an overall performance level from 1 (Getting Started) to 5 (Beyond Best Practice).
Source: APCO (2023)
In 2020 Baptist World Aid Australia released The COVID Fashion Report, a special edition of their Ethical Fashion Report. The report is framed around six COVID Fashion Commitments that ask companies to demonstrate the steps and measures they are taking to protect and support the most vulnerable workers in their supply chains. This company showed no evidence of actions that it covered any of the COVID Fashion Commitments.
Source: Baptist World Aid Australia (2020)
Baptist World Aid Australia's '2022 Ethical Fashion Report' assessed 120 companies on their efforts to mitigate against the risks of forced labour, child labour and worker exploitation in their supply chains, as well as protect the environment from the harmful impacts of the fashion industry. Assessment criteria fall into five main categories: policy & governance, tracing & risk, auditing and supplier relationships, worker empowerment and environmental sustainability. This company received a score of 28/100.
Source: Baptist World Aid Australia (2022)
This company has taken angora items off the shelves and promised not to use angora again, following a PETA campaign launched in Dec 2013 which revealed the cruelty inflicted on angora rabbits in Chinese factory farms, where 90% of the world's angora is produced.
Source: PETA (2018)
This company is a member of the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (Sedex), a not-for-profit, membership organisation that leads work with buyers and suppliers to deliver improvements in responsible and ethical business practices in global supply chains. Tens of thousands of companies use Sedex to manage their performance around labour rights, health & safety, the environment and business ethics.
Source: Sedex (2018)
|L Catterton Asia|
In 2020, L Catterton Asia-owned company Seafolly went into administration, and was bought by L Catterton Asia. While still in administration, Seafolly bought swimwear rival Jets. An unnamed source told AFR that L Catterton had driven the business into the ground and made hundreds of its workers redundant, and was now buying it back "for cents on the dollar". The source also expressed concern that the administration process was merely a formality and that the restructure had already been agreed on before the business went down.
Source: Inside Retail (2020)
|L Catterton Management Ltd|
This company is 40% owned by LVMH, which has several criticisms and an overall Shop Ethical rating of 'F'.
Source: Shop Ethical (2020)
UNPRI is a set of six principles direct institutional investors may adopt to consider environmental, social and corporate governance issues when investing. UNPRI is a voluntary agreement.
Source: UNPRI (2020)
|Revenue||112 million AUD (2020)|
|Subsidiaries||Jets Swimwear Pty Ltd|
|Address||247 King St, Mascot, NSW, 2020, Australia|
|Phone||02 8339 8222|
Products / BrandsSeafolly