sass & bide
Founders Sarah-Jane Clarke and Heidi Middleton sold a 65% share of their fashion label to Myer in Feb 2011. Myer acquired the remaining 35% in Sept 2013.
|sass & bide Pty Ltd||AUS||website|
| Myer Holdings Ltd
owns 100% of sass & bide Pty Ltd
| Premier Investments Ltd
owns 11% of Myer Holdings Ltd
|sass & bide Pty Ltd|
|Myer Holdings Ltd|
This company won an award in 2015 from the Australian Packaging Covenant, for demonstrating their commitment to environmental sustainability by performing 'above and beyond' in their efforts to minimise waste. This company achieved the highest overall score in their category, retailers.
[Source 2015][More on Packaging]
Signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant, a voluntary agreement to encourage waste minimisation.
[Source 2020][More on Packaging]
This company is collaborating with the Ethical Fashion Initiative, a United Nations initiative which connects the fashion business with artisans in Africa and Haiti. It provides work for marginalized women who have a strong desire to change their lives. The project provides employment, fair wages and training.
[Source 2018][More on Workers Rights]
B- grade in the Baptist World Aid Australia's 'Ethical Fashion Report 2019', which grades companies, from A to F, on the strength of their systems to mitigate against the risks of forced labour, child labour and worker exploitation in their supply chains, as well as protect the environment from the harmful impacts of the fashion industry. Assessment criteria fall into five main categories: policies, transparency and traceability, auditing and supplier relationships, worker empowerment and environmental management.
[Source 2019][More on Workers Rights]
This company received a SAM Rank of 69/100 in the Retailing category of the 2018 SAM Corporate Sustainability Assessment. The index is based on an analysis of corporate economic, environmental and social performance, assessing issues such as corporate governance, risk management, environmental reporting, climate strategy, human rights and labour practices.
[Source 2018][More on Sustainability Reporting]
Oxfam Australia's Company Tracker compares the big clothing brands on their efforts to pay a living wage to the women working in their factories. This company has not published a list of its supplier factories, has not made a public commitment to paying living wages, and does not have a satisfactory grievance mechanism in place for workers to report violations of their rights.
[Source 2019][More on Workers Rights]
In 2011 Myer ran a modelling competition aimed at "real" women who wear dress sizes of 14 and above to promote the relaunch of its plus-size range Big is Beautiful. Myer didn't cover any travel, food or accommodation costs for the model competition entrants - many who travelled interstate. Many entrants complained of poor treatment. Finalists received a Myer gift pack worth $25 in return for spruiking the store.
[Source 2011][More on Human Rights]
This 2013 report by The Australian Council of Superannuation Investors (ACSI) investigates the labour and human rights risks in supply chain sourcing. This company is identified on page 21 as a company which sources products from countries with known systemic labour and human rights concerns.
[Source 2013][More on Human Rights]
This company has formally undertaken not to use or sell real fur.
[Source 2017][More on Animal Rights]
This company has taken angora items off the shelves and promised not to use angora again, following a PETA campaign launched in Dec 2013 which revealed the cruelty inflicted on angora rabbits in Chinese factory farms, where 90% of the world's angora is produced.
[Source 2014][More on Animal Rights]
Myer has several corporate governance documents publicly available on its website, including their Ethical Sourcing Policy and Code of Conduct.
[Source 2011][More on Sustainability Reporting]
According to investigations by Humane Society International in 2011, fur vests sold by Myer were found to contain dog fur from China. The label stated that the vests are 100% rabbit fur. Importation of dog or cat fur is illegal in Australia. Myer were quick to pull the vest from its stores.
[Source 2011][More on Animal Rights]
|Company Structure||Wholly-owned subsidiary|
|Address||Studio 5, 32 Ralph St, Alexandria, NSW, 2015, Australia|
|Phone||02 9667 1667|