|Praises, no criticism|
|Some praise, no criticism|
|Praises, some criticism|
|Criticism, some praise|
Note: Ratings are based on company record, including parent companies.
They are not a comment on the product itself.
|Outstanding Product Feature|
|Animal Ingredients Alert|
|The Guide > Food & Drink > Frozen Food > Finger Food|
For frozen foods, most of the energy is used in freezing the product and then keeping it at that temperature from the factory to the freezer section of the grocery store.
- Buy fresh foods instead of frozen where possible.
- Avoid imported frozen foods that have not only been transported a long way but require constant energy to stay frozen all the way.
This product type is likely to contain Hydrogenated or Trans Fats, associated with an increased risk of heart disease and sudden death from heart-related causes. The National Heart Foundation Tick program limits trans fats to less than 0.2% of fat for all products except margarine-type spreads and vegetable oils which must limit trans fat to less than 1% of total fat. Denmark and Switzerland have banned the sale of foods in which trans fat is more than 2% of the total fat content. [Choice report]
- Look for less than 2g of saturated fat per 100g on the nutrition information panel (NIP) on food packages.
- Avoid products that have partially hydrogenated oil on the ingredient list, especially if it's near the top of the list as ingredients are listed, by weight, from the greatest to the smallest.
- Choose products low in total fat - this means trans (and saturated) fats are probably low. If saturated fat is low but total fat is high, it could mean the product is high in trans fat.
Saturated fat has been associated with increased risk of heart disease, stroke, and even cancer. In Australia, our current intake of saturated fat is about 12.5 per cent of total energy intake, higher than the recommended maximum level of 10 per cent.
Butter, milk, may contain lard (Information compiled by Aduki)
|Golden Wok||Makmur Enterprises||2|
|Ho Mai||Makmur Enterprises||2|
|Marathon||Marathon Food Industries||2|
|Herbert Adams||Patties Foods (Pacific Equity Partners)||2|
|Patties||Patties Foods (Pacific Equity Partners)||2|
|Kailis Bros||Kailis Bros (Legend Holdings)||CHN||2|
|Asiana Selection||Pacific West Australia (Golden Fresh)||MYS||2|
|Pacific West||Pacific West Australia (Golden Fresh)||MYS||2|
|Antoniou||C & M Antoniou||3|
|Chan's Yum Cha||Chen Foods||3|
|Mr Chen's||Chen Foods||3|
|Crazy Dragon||Crazy Dragon||3|
|Pepe's Pastizzi||Pepe's Pastizzi||3|
|Simply Special||The Kuisine Company||3|
|Chiko||Simplot Australia (Simplot)||USA||4|
|Colonial Farm||Simplot Australia (Simplot)||USA||4|
|I & J||Simplot Australia (Simplot)||USA||4|
|Farmwood||Aldi Australia (Aldi South)||GER||5|
|International Cuisine||Aldi Australia (Aldi South)||GER||5|
|Urban Eats||Aldi Australia (Aldi South)||GER||5|
|Quorn||Quorn Foods (Monde Nissin)||PHL||5|