|Praises, no criticism|
|Some praise, no criticism|
|Praises, some criticism|
|Criticism, some praise|
Note: Ratings are based on company record, including parent companies.
They are not a comment on the product itself.
|Outstanding Product Feature|
|Animal Ingredients Alert|
Notebooks & Pads
|The Guide > Office Supplies > Paper, Pads & Envelopes > Notebooks & Pads|
Choosing recycled paper products reduces the demand for virgin pulp, uses less water and energy, and creates a market for paper collected through recycling programs. Each ton of post-consumer-waste recycled paper saves 17 trees, 4,100kwh of energy and a whopping 26,000 litres of water. Presently there isn't a 100% post-consumer-waste recycled content white copy paper that is manufactured in Australia, so it's a trade off between paper imported from Europe, or buying a locally made product with a lower recycled content. Avoid imported, non-labelled, paper products. These are often from Asia and connected with illegal logging.
- Look for products with: a high percentage of post- consumer-waste recycled content; a high percentage of fibre sourced from sustainably managed plantations (i.e. FSC ' Forest Stewardship Council ' certification); and/or alternative fibres such as hemp, kenaf and bagasse.
- See the Wilderness Society's guide to ethical paper. [link]
We all do our bit to save water. Shorter showers, half-flush toilets, using a bucket to wash the car. Yet logging wastes up to 1,000 litres every second, reduces water flow into our dams by 50% and causes erosion and pollution that affects water quality. Many of our ancient forests in Tasmania, Victoria and New South Wales are presently being logged ' clear felled, burnt, and turned into millions of tonnes of woodchips for paper and cardboard every year.
- So say 'no' to Reflex and other Australian Paper products (including Post Office brand), which use Australian native forest fibre and are chlorine bleached. [Ethical Paper Campaign]
- Choose copy paper with recycled content [Wilderness Society]
- Find out about logging of Victoria's water catchments and tell the government to stop logging these areas. [Melbourne Catchments]
- Find out more about protecting our forests [www.wilderness.org.au/forests]
|Cambridge by Mead||ACCO Australia (ACCO Brands)||USA||2|
|Colourhide||ACCO Australia (ACCO Brands)||USA||2|
|Derwent||ACCO Australia (ACCO Brands)||USA||2|
|Marbig||ACCO Australia (ACCO Brands)||USA||2|
|Note Book some recycled||Note Pad Manufacturers||3|
|Windsor & Newton||ColArt (Lindengruppen )
|Spirax||Esselte (J W Childs)
Distributor: Pelikan Artline
|Olympic||Australian Paper (Nippon Paper)||JPN||4|
|Tudor some recycled||Australian Paper (Nippon Paper)||JPN||4|