|Praises, no criticism|
|Some praise, no criticism|
|Praises, some criticism|
|Criticism, some praise|
Note: Ratings are based on company record, including parent companies.
They are not a comment on the product itself.
|Outstanding Product Feature|
|Animal Ingredients Alert|
|The Guide > Food & Drink > Dairy & Chilled > Cream|
In order to produce milk, dairy cows have to give birth to a calf every year. Most baby ('bobby') calves are separated from their mothers within 12 hours of birth. Every year 700,000 calves as young as five days old are sold, to be killed and processed as young veal for human consumption, hides for leather and pharmaceutical by-products. [Animals Australia]
- Media on RSPCA's campaigning against an industry proposal to let calves heading for slaughter go unfed as a cost cutting means. [Weekly Times 2-2-2011]
- See why we haven't included Bobby Calves as an 'Industry Alert'. [FAQ]
- Consider reducing or removing dairy from your diet [Product alternatives]
- Find out more about this. [RSPCA's 'What happens to Bobby calves']
- Choose products from companies that have animal welfare on their agenda, such as Elgaar Farms and How Now dairy.
- ... Elgaar Farms respond to our questions regarding their Animal Welfare practices. [Ethical blog 2010]
- ... How Now Dairy explain how 'kind milk' is starting a revolution. [How Now blog]
- Campaign on this issue. [Animals Australia]
Saturated fat has been associated with increased risk of heart disease, stroke, and even cancer. In Australia, our current intake of saturated fat is about 12.5 per cent of total energy intake, higher than the recommended maximum level of 10 per cent.
Milk & animal fat, gelatin Alternatives: Soya soy cream, Soyatoo (Information compiled by Aduki)
|Bulla||Bulla Dairy Foods||2|
|Dream Whip||Bulla Dairy Foods||2|
|Gippsland||Chobani Australia (Chobani)||USA||2|
|a2||A2 Australia (A2 Milk Company)||NZL||3|
|Dairy Farmers||Lion Dairy & Drinks (Kirin)||JPN||4|
|Pura||Lion Dairy & Drinks (Kirin)||JPN||4|
|Weight Watchers||Lion Dairy & Drinks (Kirin)
Brand Owner: Weight Watchers Int'l
|Liddells||Saputo Dairy Australia (Saputo)||CAN||4|
|Philadelphia||Mondelez Australia (Mondelez)||USA||6|
|Pauls||Parmalat Australia (Lactalis)||FRA||6|
|Zymil||Parmalat Australia (Lactalis)||FRA||6|